A bird's eye view of repertoires
13th_Feb_2010: A bird's eye view of
I've compiled a spreadsheet of recommended White repertoires from
books, websites and other sources; it is interesting that some sort of
consensus emerges, at least for the 1.e4 player, even though no one
book recommends the complete list:
- Main system: Scotch Four Knights'
- Alekhin (1...Nf6): Exchange
- Caro-Kann (1...c6): Panov-Botvinnik
- French (1...e6): Tarrasch
- Pirc/Modern (1...g6): 150 Attack
- Scandinavian (1...d5): Main lines
- Sicilian (1...c5): Alapin 2.c3
I'd be interested to hear of any additions (or corrections -- I don't own all this stuff so I've had to take some of it from reviews and BB comments).
Repertoires spreadsheet in Open office format
Same again in Excel 97 format