Chess Quotes 747
From: Dan Scoones
Moments when you should sense DANGER in chess:
- There has been a change in the pawn structure. Your opponent has 8 and you don't have any.
- Your opponent begins to throw pawns at your eyes.
- You have a postion won but your opponent has a gun.
- The Director tells you not to bother turning in your scoresheet after the game.
- Before game begins you notice your opponents 1st initials are 'GM'.
- After completing your development you sense your opponent playing the endgame.
- Just as you make your opening move your opponent announces mate in 11.
- You don't control any squares at all.
- Your draw offer sends all the people watching your game into uncontrollable laughter.
- Your opponent has 3 bishops.
"Pawn endings are to chess what putting is to golf.