LAST CHANCE SALOON
Delancey UK Schools Chess Challenge 9:30am Monday 6th May 2013 at Heavitree Social Club, Exeter, EX1 3BS ENTRY FEE £8.00 (please make cheques payable to EJCC)This event is for all junior chess players in the Devon area who have not had a chance to qualify for the Devon MEGAFINAL on Sat 15th June, or who would like another chance to qualify. (Please don't enter if you have already qualified!)
- REGISTRATION is at 9.30am and PLAY will start at 9.45am. The day will finish at about 4.30pm after the prize giving; this will be as soon as possible after the last round games finish.
- TIME CONTROL is 20 minutes per player per game; there will be 7 rounds. All players will play in all rounds (except for byes).
- REFRESHMENTS will probably be available during the day. BRING a packed lunch, a drink and something to do between rounds.
- DIRECTIONS to Heavitree Social Club, Wingfield Park, 2 East Wonford Hill, Exeter, EX1 3BS.
- From central Exeter, leave on the Heavitree Road towards Honiton.
- Coming into Exeter use the Middlemoor approach from the A30 and J29 M5.
- The Club is set back a little from the road and is on the corner at the top of a hill, so if you don't know where it is you will drive past it! There's a blue sign and a blackboard for the next football match. On the other side of the road is HAIRlines on the corner of Victor Lane.
- PLEASE send your entry form and a cheque for £8 (payable to Exeter Junior Chess Club) to the address below, to arrive by WEDNESDAY 1st MAY 2013. Please try and enter in good time.
- LATE ENTRIES will be accepted only in exceptional circumstances, when they will be subject to a £5 surcharge (they are disruptive to planning and organisation).
- We will be responsible for players' safety and behaviour only in the playing room. Please arrange for the player to be supervised by a parent, carer or other adult in the rest room.